SMG (Service Management Group) is looking for a remote Senior Software Engineer! This individual will be responsible for using tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements. You will create and execute unit tests and address defects, and work closely with the BA, QA and other related teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach. In addition, you will assist in planning and implementation of a strategic direction for products.
SMG inspires experiences that improve people’s lives. We are a catalyst for change—helping organizations generate new revenue, grow existing revenue, reduce churn and detractors, and drive operational efficiencies. Our unique software with a service (SwaS) model puts a dual focus on platform technology and professional services, making it easy for brands to activate insights based on customer, patient, and employee feedback.
At SMG, we love to solve complex problems together. We learn fast, stay curious, and embrace a learning culture where hard work, creative thinking, and initiative are valued and rewarded. Our team members are passionate about creating innovative, client-centric technology together while operating with the highest levels of integrity, humility, and respect for others. We take our work seriously, have fun, and create valuable, high-quality tech as a team.
Your day to day work:
- Designs, develops, and maintains complex software components
- Leads technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and work delivered; can sign off on small features.
- Understands complex business and functional requirements and provides direction in technical specifications and product requirements.
- Enforces all coding best practices in development across the team
- Maintains and improves current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third-party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
- Creates, maintains, and executes unit tests
- Creates and maintains documentation of design approaches
- Mentors and coaches the software engineering team on large and small-scale projects
- Creates and maintains documentation on internal architecture of the system
- Proposes product design features to support scalability, usability, and better performance
- Assesses work required and provides formal estimates of effort to satisfy requirements
- Works with technical architects to establish best practices in coding and development and ensures consistency of the use of best practices within the team
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field required
- 5 + years’ experience in software development and database operations
- Advanced knowledge and experience with general coding languages required (preferred experience in C# or Java)
- Advanced knowledge and experience with database application such as SQL and Mongo DB
- Experience with full stack development
- Advanced knowledge of operating systems
- Experience with application development based on Angular preferred
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise design principles
The highest performing individuals in this job demonstrate these behaviors:
- Pursues Learning: Actively seeks opportunities to enhance technical and professional skills
- Communicates Effectively: Leverages a broad range of communication styles to express a written or verbal message. Flexes communication style based on diverse audience needs
- Mentors Others: Assists other teammates in developing specific skills and knowledge that enhances professional and personal growth
- Navigates Complexity: Works through intricate and sometimes conflicting information to make the best decision
- Fosters Collaboration: Works with others to strengthen relationships and achieves goals