SMG (Service Management Group) drives customer loyalty for the world’s leading retailers. Working with over 150 key brands, SMG measures analyses and provides actionable insight on customer and employee satisfaction that drives increased profit.
Clients are given an unparalleled view of the customer experience such that direct links between service and sales can be clearly identified. This is achieved through customers completing carefully considered surveys after their experience, either online or over the phone.
As one of the leaders in the US market, SMG expanded into the UK and has been building a highly-skilled and effective team. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a combination of analytical, consultative, project management and managerial skills. Experience working with the retail and/or restaurant sector would be an advantage.
At present, SMG works with about 20 different UK clients and is constantly talking to a number of other key prospects. The objectives are as follows:
- To project manage all elements of the research programmes from initial set-up through to delivery of results at all levels. Understanding the data and being able to present the findings in an interesting and intelligent manner will be a key part of the role. Quality assurance, managing timelines, monitoring the financial side of the projects and aligning internal resources will be necessary for every project.
- To take ownership of these clients and become their point of contact in the UK. One of the primary roles of the Account Manager is to build exceptionally strong relationships with these clients, drive the results and insight through their businesses and become an extension of their customer-services team. In a fiercely competitive market, client entrenchment is vital.
- To play a part in the ongoing development of SMG in the UK as we grow. This will include a variety of roles that would be expected in any new business, including being involved in sales, marketing, PR, strategy and general administration.
Self-motivation, ability to manage your own time, and prioritise are critical.
- Fully understand all elements of the existing research programmes, including methodology, results, insights and recommendations
- Project manage all existing research programmes, including full co-ordination with the Research and Operations teams in the US office
- Proactively build relationships with clients
- Identify and develop opportunities within existing clients
- Regular presentations at all levels from boardroom to General Managers meeting
- Ongoing feedback and reporting to SMG teams in both UK and US